GMP – Stainless Steel Lashing Wire
Stainless Steel Lashing Wire is used in a lasher to lash an aerial cable or combination of cables to a supporting strand.
• A specially controlled annealing process yields a uniform,fine grain structure throughout wire length and cross section for best results
• The GMP lashing wire is packaged as 6 coils per carton for your ordering convenience
• Is available in a 430, 302, and 316 stainless steel alloy
Type 430 Stainless:
• Low carbon, 17% chromium wire
• Suitable for general use and in ordinary atmospheric exposure
• Will acquire only a dark surface stain
• Specifically not recommended for use within 25 miles of salt water or industrial operations which emit pollutants
Type 302 Stainless:
• 18% chromium, 8% nickel analysis
• This wire has excellent resistance to corrosion from industrial atmospheres
• Its higher tensile strength and breaking load are an added benefit
• A .038 in. diameter Type 302 wire provides strength equal to a .045 in. type 430 wire with better ductility (easier bending and unwinding) and better elongation (less chance of wire breakage from stress)
Type 316 Stainless:
• Modified 18-10 analysis containing approximately 2.5% molybdenum
• More resistant to the corrosive action of most chemicals, including chlorides and sulfides, than any other wire
• Particularly resistant to pitting and pin hole corrosion of the kind commonly caused by salt spray
• Its use provides the best insurance against failure under the most severe atmospheric conditions
• All lashing wire is wound in a straight hub configuration to fit all the standard GMP lashers
|Part Number||Alloy||Dia.||Ft/ Coil||Mtr. Coil||Wt. Coil|
|Part Number||Coil Dia.||Coil Width||Coil Pkg.||Note*|
|71530||5.38 in.||1.81 in.||6||1|
|71531||5.38 in.||1.81 in.||6||3|
|71532||4.50 in.||1.75 in.||6||2|
|71533||5.38 in.||1.81 in.||6||1|
|71534||5.38 in.||1.81 in.||6||1|
|71535||5.38 in.||1.81 in.||6||1|
1. Fits standard C, C2, J2 and Apollo Lasher.
2. Fits G Lasher or C2 and J2 with .065 Modification.
3. For B Lasher only.